On 30th September the streets of Salisbury will be filled with a glorious roar as a fleet of classic motorcycles rumble into life, each one ridden by an excellently-dressed gent decked out in dapper haberdashery.
This is the day when, all over the world, impeccably-tailored gentlemen ride classic motorcycles in the face of prostate cancer and to raise funds for the treatment of men's mental health in the name of the great Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride.
Here in Salisbury, our very own head honcho Mr Jason Regent will be brushing, booting and polishing up to take his Triumph Scrambler 900 out to raise money for these crucial causes – as it stands, Jason's in 3rd place to be Salisbury's highest fundraising rider!
Mr Regent couldn't be more proud to be taking part in such an important event – men's health is of course something we take tremendously seriously here at Regent – and in particular, men's mental wellbeing. Three out of four suicides are, sadly, men, proving that there's some urgent deconstruction needed for what it means to be a man in today's world. Men who struggle with mental health issues often believe they have to live up to some standard of "manliness", needing to 'go it alone', not talking about how they're feeling.
At Regent, we take pride in our incredibly friendly and supportive shop atmosphere, understanding that talking about how you feel, what you're aspiring to and how you want to present yourself is absolutely key to looking and feeling your best, and we're so supportive of the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride because it is a huge, real, positive manifestation of solidarity, proving that you're never on your own. At the core of what makes us take men's fashion so seriously is the belief that you dress the way you want to be addressed: that dressing well is a psychological booster and motivator, giving you confidence and pride in how you're living and going about your day-to-day work. We believe that helping people to find their style isn't only a matter of fun (though it certainly should be that too) but also a serious way to bring out their best.
So, at a time when Salisbury is still battling to prove its health and status as one of our countries' finest cities, Regent is proud to be riding out to bring a high-fashion parade of superb bikes and dapper gentlemen roaring through the city, not only as an act of defiance but also to raise money and awareness for such a critical cause. See below for a few pointers on how to achieve that desired dapper motor-biker-look ahead of the big day – and please do donate to Jason if you want to help these tremendous charities by following the link below: https://www.gentlemansride.com/fundraiser/regentjason
TOP TIPS TO BRING OUT THE BIKER DAPPER:
- For the ultimate 'distinguished gent look', try one of our tweed jackets currently in the sale: the Senator and the Grenfell Golfer will both look excellent paired with a suit and tie.
- For a truly classic finish, take a peek at our deluxe, unique Aero Leather Bomber Jacket (or nip into the shop to try on the Gloverall take on this famous style).
- A fantastic, Steve-McQueen-inspired foundation for your look would be the impeccable pairing of a pair of Hiut jeans and a crisp, white t-shirtA brilliant pair of boots are all-important for biker chic and cycle safety: we recommend a pair of Red Wings – Moc Toe or Chukka will do – which'll go excellently with your rugged blue Hiuts€¦
- If you're going for full dapper and wearing a shirt and tie, it'd be a crime to overlook Regent's selection of motorbike-inspired ties: we've got a whole range of colours, and can offer our unique tyre-track printed silk tie to boot, too, for that subtle and most dapper of distinctions.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh